This Management of School Feeding M Program (SFP) in poverty prone areas has been
implementing around 6-Upazilas under Patuakhali & Bhola district from January 2017
aiming to provide feeding supports among the student coming-out from very poor
families including other necessary motivation, health check-up, medication and
monitoring. The Upazilas are Golachipa, Kolapara, Doshmina, Rangabali, Charfasion &
Monpura . A total number of 24-Unions are covering at present now. This program has
been running under the technical and financial assistance from Directorate of Primary
Education (DPE), government of People’s Republic of Bangladesh and World Food
Program. Students are getting High Energy Biscuits-HEB from this package program.
However the overall objectives of the program are:
– Ensure distribution of De-worming tablets among the student.
– Facilitate in dissemination of health hygiene and sanitation messages to the student,
teachers and member of School Management Committee (SMC) through different
issue-based Information-Education and Communication (IEC) materials.
– Play productive role for social mobilization of activities on issues pertaining of
nutrition, education, disaster risk reduction and importance of schooling among
children, parents and SMCs.
– Organize workshops, home visit and counseling for promotion of women’s
participation in SMC and SF activities for ensuring GoB’s policy of Women
advancement and continued main streaming in program activities.
– Enhance understanding on nutrition amongst class IV and V students and
communities through establishing demonstration plots/vegetable gardens at school
and continue efforts on the sustainability of the initiative level.
– Promote awareness rising activities on HIV/AIDS among the teachers, parents and
SMC members through workshops and disseminating IEC materials.
Considering the above objectives the project provided the necessary supports amongst the
students through their schools. These supports are alike distribution of De-worming
tablets, High Energy Biscuits-HEB distribution, Workshops on different issues and IEC
material distribution, Enrollment of woman member in SMC, Ensuring safe drinking
water intake, Motivational campaign on demonstration plot for vegetable gardening etc.